Wedding Ceremony Signage

Happily ever after handwritten wedding sign


Now that Kevin and I have spoken our vows, ate some cake, danced the night away, and traveled to Jamaica and back for our Honeymoon, it's FINALLY time to start recapping all of the beautiful handmade elements that I made for our wedding day!  Throughout my school days I always had decent handwriting, but through the last few years I've really developed my calligraphy skills.  Add to that a whole Pinterest board filled with fancy handwritten words, and I had plenty signage inspiration to incorporate into our wedding reception space.


We'll start with the outside of our venue first!  For our wedding ceremony, rather than printing off hundreds of paper wedding programs I decided to just write all of the information on a big sign instead, which was displayed right at the entrance of the ceremony space.  To make my handwritten words wouldn't get smudged, I used a white paint marker on a big piece of black foam core instead of a chalkboard which is less permanent.  Using black foam core was not only cheaper, but also lighter and easier to carry!  I found the frame at Goodwill.

chalkboard wedding program sign


The "Booze, BBQ and booty shaking sign" was inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest.  My mom and I had already collected a bunch of old barn boards for the table centerpieces, so we just used the scraps to put this together.  For the letters I initially sketched them out in chalk, and then traced over them in white acrylic paint.
wedding reception ceremony booze BBQ booty shaking sign
This described our wedding in a nutshell.

Below are some additional decorative signs that I made for inside our venue.  Our card box is actually a glass terrarium that I bought from Kohl's last year.  The white birds were purchased from Michael's, along with the small white frame used for the "cards" sign.

wedding terrarium card box sign


Happily ever after handwritten wedding sign


Another piece of signage displayed at our wedding: our seating chart.  For this I just used some burlap to cover an old bulletin board that used to hang in my childhood bedroom.  Each table assignment was typed up on large shipping tags, which tied into the design of our save-the-date envelopes.  From there, each tag was pinned to the bulletin board using pearl-decorated push-pins bought from Michael's.

wedding reception burlap shipping tag seating chart


wedding reception burlap shipping tag seating chart


One of the last signage elements that we included in our reception space were "Meet the Maids" and "Meet the Men" signs, which allowed our guests to get a better idea of who was in our wedding party from a more personal perspective.  To display the descriptions I attached both of them to some old window panes that I found at an antique store.

Meet the Maids wedding sign

Meet the Groomsmen wedding sign


There are even more decorative elements that were included in our reception space, but those will have to wait for another post!

14 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have discussed an interesting topic that every body should know. Very well explained with examples. i have found a similar websiteprinting company Sydney visit the site to know more about Johnfisherprinting

    ReplyDelete
  4. wedding ceremony has a lot to handle. You can hire a wedding event planner, who certainly has new thoughts to add and some innovation to make the ceremony gorgeous one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    Video wall ราคา

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome post presented by you..your writing style is fabulous and keep update with your blogs. best wedding planners in VIZAG
    Event Planners in Hyderabad
    Best Event Organisers in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    Bid/Ask Spread คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    วิเคราะห์ข่าว Forex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Detailed and descriptive articles written in this blog is really very helpful for me as well as for other who seeking such kind of knowledge. It is definitely going to become useful in coming future.
    เส้น SMA คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    วิธีดูกราฟ Forex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I also would like to comment over all the points mentioned in this blog. I agree with essence of few point but somewhere I found myself on other place. I hope, there might little opinion of others as well.
    อ่านกราฟ Forex จากเส้นเทรนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  12. This signage looks so pretty. I was looking for this kind of post from many days. Now a find it. Thank you so much for such an amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Though digital banners have taken over by storm in this digital era. Physical Sign Boards Chennai still have their own value when it comes to marketing angle and is prominent and important for branding and communicating the physical presence of outlets, brand showrooms, boutiques, centres and what not.
    Metal Letters Chennai
    LED Sign Boards in Chennai

    ReplyDelete